Sunday, September 9, 2007

The Budding Artiste

Today in the car: “Don't pinch mommy's dupa. You’re troublemaker.”

After nap this afternoon, we finally got around to painting. I’d bought some paints months ago and Wee Laddie’s been bugging me semi-regularly about using them. I actually have a couple of sets: one of sponge paints, and one of brush paints. I’ve been avoiding actually using the sponge ones just because of mess potential. I know, slacker.

We used the brush ones today, and WL had a really good time. He seems to take his artwork pretty seriously. We had fun coloring on some line drawings that Grandma-Grandma had done in his paper book. Here’s an original Wee Laddie.



And the artist at work.



I tried to get him to rinse the brush between colors, but his very favorite paint to use was a blend of all the colors. Oh well.

No comments: