Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Making Out

I’d completely forgotten to write this when we went to the Simpsons movie, but there was this teenage couple sitting in the row behind us, totally making out. Wee Laddie wasn’t terribly interested in the movie, so he was climbing around on the seats and walking in our aisle. At some point, he spotted this pair. And *that* he was interested in. So he’s sitting on one of the seats in front of them, peeking through the split in the seats saying loudly, “What are they doing?” (It was hard to get him to behave when I wanted to bust out laughing!) But I told him, “They’re just kissing, honey. Don’t bother them,” and made him come & sit down again. It reminded me of those awkward teenage moments that we all had, even though I’m not sure they even noticed him.

And as long as I’m reliving past events, I remembered also that I never told the story of how I told Guitarman I was pregnant this time…

I’d gotten my German teacher to translate that “I may be little but I’m the big brother” saying, but then decided that it might be too complicated if he’d have to go look everything up. So I was going to make a t-shirt with the saying in English. I worked on a nice layout for the lettering in Photoshop.

Later in the evening, Guitarman came downstairs to the kitchen and said, “I’m the big brother, huh?” and looked at me questioningly. I’m like, “Whaaa--? Where did you see that?” He said, “Upstairs, on the computer.” What a moron… I’d gotten distracted mid-design and completely forgot to shut down the computer, or even just close the software! I stammered, “Uh, it’s just a little something I was working on…” and then had to tell him.

It would have been a much cuter story had I not ruined the surprise.

No comments: