Thursday, April 19, 2007

Wee Pee and Ka-Cars

This morning I saw that Wee Laddie was pooping, so I ran him to the potty to have him sit there. Oh man, he came completely unglued! Uh-oh! What did I do wrong? This was all supposed to be fun! And things didn’t go much better today with peeing. Damn.

That was pretty much our focus today.

When you (or at least I) spend any length of time overseas, my perception of cars shifts (I usually notice it after a week or so) to European sizes. There are so many tiny cars over here… some of them are like ridiculously small. Some of them are very cool. I kind of like it that “nicer car” doesn’t equal “bigger car.” There are, of course, many brands here that we don’t see in the US… like Seat, Skoda, Opel. And some that we used to see in the States but haven’t in a long time… like Peugeot and Fiat.

Check out the Chevy Matiz.
Or the Ford Ka, which is the next size down from the Feista.

I think the Swatch Smart cars are great for their sheer ridiculousness. They would be fantastic if you lived in a big city (no fast driving but a great need to fit into tiny parking spots), but I’d be scared out of my mind to drive one on the autobahn… way too top-heavy and the wheel base is probably like 24 inches.

And now, since I also went to the Skoda website to look for tiny cars, I found this little gem of an awkward translation (Skoda is a Czech company, I believe)… “When getting off in dark Škoda Superb will gladly light your way.” Awesome. It's almost worth buying the car for that feature alone.

2 comments:

Kristin said...

Same thing happened to us with pooping yesterday. And peeing. Both times I "suggested" the potty it was met with a screaming "NOooooooo!" What am I supposed to do? Although we're not "training" yet.

Anonymous said...

If I ever get it figured out, I will call you!! ;)