Friday, April 6, 2007

Tiere & Tang(’s)

Wee Laddie, Grandma and I had lunch at home after Wee Laddie’s nap. Guitarman is taking off work today and tomorrow, after his long week in Schweinfurt (now if someone would come relieve me after my long week here… oh wait, Grandma’s here!). He went to do laundry and got lunch while he was out.

After Guitarman joined us back at home and the rest of us ate lunch, we headed off to the Tiergarten (zoo) in Nürnberg. There’s also a dolphin/sea lion show, so we went to that, too. Wee Laddie didn’t last all the way through it… not too much of a surprise. Nice zoo, though. It’s kind of like Denver in that they try to make the cages sort of unobtrusive, so you don’t so much feel like you’re looking at caged animals. Some animals just like at home, some different. I think Wee Laddie and I might have to try to round up a group of moms & tots from base to make a trip up there one day. Maybe on a playgroup day, when I get back to that.

We got headed back kind of late so we were debating whether to just swing through a fast food place or what… then we spotted a Chinese restaurant called Tang’s on the way back to the autobahn. And thank goodness we did! I was sort of dreading the lame-o burger/fries deal, but this was a really good dinner. All of the food was really good… I think Grandma’s curry was the best of the meals. The waiter spoke German and very fluent English and seemed to have a Chinese accent. Wow. I so admire people like that.

No comments: