Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's My Potty...

Birthday: 39. Wow. How did I get here? And so fast?

To celebrate (hah!)… rather, since we were home today, I decided to try Dr. Phil’s one-day potty training method. (It’s actually quite similar to the one in that book I have, but w/o the party-themed stuff.) One of the co-moms did it with both of her boys and said it worked great. So in the morning we trained Jesse (the anatomically correct potty doll we have) and Elmo. And they were both star pupils.

After nap, we started on Wee Laddie. That child is a frickin’ camel. He only peed once (and in his pants, of course) between the time he got up from nap to the time I had to leave for German class. Since he peed in his pants, we practiced running to the potty 10 times. I was dreading that part, but we actually had fun with it! Laughing, running, pulling down pants… great fun. We’ll see how things go tomorrow.

I really like my German class. It’s at the volkshochschule here (like adult ed. back home) in Parsberg… it’s not too expensive and our instructor is really good about letting us have input about what we want to learn next. We do a lot of asking each other questions about specific things that fit our lesson for that night. Tonight we worked on past tense… it seems like the easiest part of German grammar so far!

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Happy birthday, O! Good luck with the PTing. I'm too scared to try yet. Hey, do you have a current version of that Potty Training in a Day book? The one I saw is from, like, the 70s and seems a little harsh.

Wee Laddie (I almost typed his other name) is too smart to fall for your fancy methods, my dear.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Onica!! Miss you

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Kerri. Are you going to manage a visit? (Please say yes!)

Pam said...

Happy belated birthday! I thought you were much younger than 39. I'll have to plan something "special" for next year. Good luck with the potty
training. I really stunk (har har) at it, so no pointers from me.

Anonymous said...

Pam gets the brownie points for youth remarks! :)
Your kids are trained now (I assume) so there must be hope!