Saturday, April 7, 2007

Daddy Day & Date Night

Went to Lil’ Troopers, with Grandma in tow. I don’t always talk that much to other moms… but it’s really fun to watch the kids interact, It was like Daddy Day over there… like 3 dads hanging out the whole time, and even Guitarman came at the end (he usually has to work).

I found out that there were 33 people at sign class on Wed. Wow!! Brenda is in South Africa on holiday with her family, so we haven’t talked, but I heard a good response from Kelly/Caitlin and Zoe/Mario. People seem excited about it. Krista (Paloma’s mom) said everyone responded well to the baby DVD, even though I’d been encouraging the faster-paced “regular” ones.

Grandma watched Wee Laddie while Guitarman & I went to see “The Queen” on base. Very good movie, great acting. Brings back memories of watching parts of the royal wedding with Laura, and being in Vegas with Tammy when Princess Di died. I was the saddest for her kids… what a horrible thing. Prince Charles portrayed in better light than I expected. It was kind of weird to be on a date night with Guitarman… it’s been a long time!

I'm not sure what to make of the fact that people aren't leaving comments on the blog. They're either not reading (in which case this will be my own personal journal by which to remember my experiences here...and to someday share with Wee Laddie) or they just don't feel like commenting. Except for Lisa, who left some early on. I didn't respond to hers, though... maybe that's why she quit?

3 comments:

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

I've been lurking.

I can link to you on my blog if you want. I just wasn't sure if the blog was more for you and your family or for the public yet.

Anonymous said...

It's up to you, really. If you think others might enjoy it, then sure. (I've actually just discovered a reader that I don't think I know. Hmmm... interesting.)

I don't know how entertaing it is to someone outside the family.

Christina | AmiExpat.com said...

Yeah, I think the moms will enjoy it at least and probably some others too. I'll add you on sometime this week, I've got some adding and pruning to do to the links.