Monday, April 16, 2007

Cold, Isn't It?

Mellow morning… we had breakfast at home, then Guitarman went to do laundry while I put Wee Laddie down for his nap. After that, we went to check out the Wildpark near Burglengenfeld. I’d seen a sign for it when I was looking for the health food store the other day and figured we should check it out since the one at Schweinfurt was so great! Of course, I didn’t really remember where I’d seen the sign, so we drove through Burglengenfeld a couple of times and circled through Teublitz (I love that name… you say it like “toyblitz” for those of you who don’t speak German) and finally got it on the GPS. (I don’t love that I love that thing, but I love that thing. I’m a big fan of just finding your way eventually, but it comes in really handy when you come up short.)

Turns out that Wildpark Höllohe is in Teublitz, so all the driving around Burglengenfeld was for naught. Oh well, cute town, so no big loss there. The wildpark was nice. Not as great as the one in Schweinfurt (the emphasis here was more on walking trail and less on playground… great for adults but not as much for my toddler), but we’ll definitely go back. Again, animals to look at plus a fun playground… and all for free. The petting zoo area was closed by the time we got there, but Wee Laddie still had a lot of fun looking at animals and on the playground.

We got ice cream, too. We get ice cream a lot at the mess hall, but not usually when we’re out somewhere. We sort of played the idiot-American card by just sitting down at an unoccupied end of a table since we weren’t sure how to ask if anyone was sitting there… turns out that the people at the other end did, in fact, have a slew of other people coming to sit with them. Ack. Anyway, a woman who sat near us was talking to Wee Laddie and then us, so Guitarman told her he doesn’t understand German. So now we’re rude, foreign idiots instead of just rude. :P

Wee Laddie was taking bites of ice cream then saying, “Cold, isn’t it?” That’s a new one.

No comments: