Tuesday, April 24, 2007

The Wino in Me

It would be so cheap to be an alcoholic here. Not that any of us are exploring that option… I’m just saying. I started drinking red wine at the end of last year. Um yeeeaaah, for the health benefits. Well, that and that the caloric content of good beer (as much as I LOVE the stuff) is just too high. And just in case you’re thinking, “Well, O-tay, you could drink light beer.” Um, no. Thanks, but I like my beer to have an actual FLAVOR to it. Otherwise, it’s like mineral water with built-in burping. Not my cuppa.

We’re all learning a little bit of German. We still watch “Cars” in German nearly every time we watch it. I suspect that Wee Laddie is learning more of it than we even realize. When I play the CDs in the car, sometimes he’s right there with me, repeating the phrases. Sometimes the English ones, but whatever. He’s two.

Guitarman’s new German word: Boxenstop. (Pitstop.) Endlessly useful, as you might imagine.


Update: So I completely forgot my original point (hard to do, in just 3 paragraphs!) which was how cheap it would be to be an alcoholic here. At any of the local grocery stores, I can get a decent cabernet sauvignon (though I’m no connoisseur) for 4 euro or less (often for under 3). 4 euro is currently about $5.60. Hella bargain.

No comments: