Friday, April 20, 2007

How Not to Potty Train

Rough day. Wee Laddie went pee in the potty when we first got up, so I thought we were ready to roll. Nope. In fact, we missed Kids’ Club because we had to practice twice (10 times each time) and Wee Laddie was being really slow about it… didn’t want to run, wanted me to sing the toe song, etc. Even the promise of Kids’ Club didn’t speed him up! We actually drove there before I realized how totally late we were (guess my focus was elsewhere) but maybe it made a point. Or not.

I was losing it by lunchtime. Then we had a bad start to nap, followed by another potty practice session. Aaaargh! After the 2nd time that I ended up in tears of frustration, I decided to bag it. If Wee Laddie is still in diapers ‘til he’s old enough to change himself, then so be it. I’m going to work on making it less comfy to be in wet diapers and see if that helps at all.

I have this fantasy where my husband notices that our child needs a new diaper and just takes him off to change him rather than announcing to me, “Someone’s stinky,” as if I’m the only one who could possibly address this problem.

No comments: