Thursday, February 22, 2007

Swimming Through Boxes

Wee Laddie's nose is still stuffy so no make-up swim outing for us today. I hope he doesn't realize we haven't gone swimming this week... he loves it so much! I spent the afternoon going through boxes in basement, trying to find my receipts for office expenses for our taxes. I now think they’re in one of the boxes I was going to have my mom ship before I found out how stinkin’ expensive it is to ship stuff over here. Isn’t that always how it goes?

Some of you have already heard this observation of Guitarman's, but for those who haven't I thought I'd share: "...things I don't understand, like why it's legal to pass another car around a blind corner up a hill at 120 km/h, but it's not legal to put a plastic bottle in the recycle bin on Sunday." It sounds like he's making things up, but those are both actually true. There are recycling bins everywhere around here, but you can only put items in them during certain hours on certain days. I'm beginning to understand why this would never work in America.

No comments: