Tuesday, February 27, 2007

I Spy Grandma-cado

Had yoga class today. We were late again...it is so hard to get there by 9:30. I suppose I'd do better if I just had a quickie breakfast instead of taking the time to cook an egg (and one for Wee Laddie, too), but I'm afraid I'd bonk during yoga if I didn't have a good protein breakfast.

After yoga we stopped by library for a little bit, to kill the hour between yoga & the mess hall opening. Another mom & kid were in the children's section with us. The boy was a bit older and was reading, but Wee Laddie wanted to talk to him. I distracted him with one of the "I Spy" books, which (for those of you who don't know) have pictures with like dozens of items in them. So you can say, "I spy something red, "and there are like 15 choices. Anyway, the mom asked how old Wee Laddie is so I told her "Two." She apparently has a daughter who just turned two (or is about to... I've forgotten now). She was impressed by his language and that he could recognize a helicopter from the top which, frankly, didn't even occur to me until she said it. But it's weird...how could he know what one looks like from the top? I've been trying to remember if any of his friends have toy helicopters that he might have seen that way.

As we were walking out of the library, Wee Laddie went running into another room saying, "Grandma! Cado!" It's the room where the globes are, but it took me a minute to figure out what he was talking about. Weeks ago on another library trip I'd shown him on the globe where Colorado is and told him, "That's where we used to live. That's where Grandma is." I think she should officially change her name to Grandma-cado. It's like Grandma and avocado all rolled into one! ;)

I finally got up the nerve to call about German class. Thankfully, the woman's daughter was there and speaks very good English. The class starts March 14, not this week. And, I guess because it’s the German for beginners class, we don’t have to follow the instructions in the catalog...just show up on the first night. Whew.

No comments: