Friday, February 23, 2007

Oh Thomas, My Thomas

Had a tiny bit of a sore throat last night. Today I feel like shit. Stuffy/runny nose, sinus headache, sore throat (one of those ones where it hurts to turn your head). Ugh.

We still went to Kids’ Club ‘cause I was pretty sure I could refrain from drinking out of anyone else’s sippy cup and remember to wash my hadns if I blew my nose or something.

Wee Laddie insisted on bringing 3 of his little trains along (including Thomas & Percy). He did okay with the sharing for a little while but it eventually led to him running around the gym screaming, “No! No!” and nearly crying, while Johanna ran after him. (Much like the Maya-Wee Laddie scenes at playgroups past.) There was finally an attempted hit so we had a wee break and put Thomas away. After Wee Laddie issued a barely-audible apology to Johanna, they were pals again. It’s interesting to watch the dynamic between those two.

Today Johanna sort of figured out that she needed to speak English to Wee Laddie, so at one point she was yelling, “No!” back to his, “Yeah!” and her mom commented that it was funny that she was using English and he was using German. Nice of her to give us that much credit.

No comments: