Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Splish Splash

I’ve been wanting to take Wee Laddie to the swim group since I first heard about it. It’s at the Bulmare Schwimmbad in Burglengenfeld, and there’s a swim instructor who gives mini-lessons to the kids for $1. I didn’t relish the idea of bathing suit shopping, in a foreign language, whilst feeling particularly large, with a toddler in tow, so I was waiting ‘til our bathing suits came from home. Now that our stuff is here, we get to go!

Wee Laddie panicked a bit when we got there. I think the locker room freaked him out a bit. It’s kind of a strange setup. When you first walk in, what you see is a long hallway with opaque glass-enclosed changing rooms with glass doors. (I’d been apprehensive about the co-ed locker room, but I’m fine as long as I’ve got a place to change.) If you go through one of those, you get to the lockers and the doors to the WCs and the pool. But he’s never seen anything like that and didn’t know what to think of it. He was like whimpering and saying, 'No swim.' (Not at all typical behavior for him.) So I waited it out. We talked about it and went little by little. Once we got into the pool, he freakin’ loved it! I didn’t want to push it by trying a lesson, so we just played.

He fell asleep on the way home but talked about swimming the rest of the day, including asking to go back in the afternoon.

Before we left this morning, the movers came back to unpack our stuff. I can see you scratching your head and saying, 'Huh? I thought they got their stuff like a week ago.' And that is true. They were supposed to unpack us when they delivered the stuff, but they didn’t. And when Guitarman emailed to ask/complain about that and ask that they apply the money from that to some of our other expenses, then they send someone out. (Nevermind that they didn’t even call first.) I told them we’d unpacked and they were like, 'Oh, so all the furniture and closets and things are assembled?' I said, 'Well, yeah. We’re not going to sit here with unassembled furniture for a WEEK.' Pfffft.

No comments: