Sunday, November 4, 2007

On the Wire

My “people” are so not wired. It drives me crazy sometimes, as it makes them difficult to get in touch with sometimes. And some of my closest friends have never even read this blog! I'm always trying to set up online "networks" between friends & family so we can communicate, share photos, etc. meanwhile, some of them never even check their email accounts. Oddly, despite her reticence about technology in general, my mom isn't on this list. She reads the blog AND checks/sends email.

What led to this rant is that I was sort of irritated w/Snapfish 'cause I got a notice that I needed to hurry & order something or they'd delete my photos. (Yeah, I know... I've got some nerve bitching about having to pay a tiny bit for a valuable service!) I'm not organized enough to order a photo book yet, but it hardly seemed worth ordering some random print for $0.12 when I can print them at home (and would much rather spend more, but get something cooler). Anyway, in one of those weird, serendipitous kind of moments, I'd gone to clean up a folder in my Yahoo email and found a link to playgroup photos that a friend had uploaded to Snapfish. So for about $2.50 I was able to download 50 high-res photos (there are more but the download limit is 50 at once)... and prevent Snapfish from deleting my stuff. Sweet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They'll delete your stuff if you don't order??? I've had a little bit of stuff on photobucket for quite awhile. I just ordered some prints last week, and I'm so annoyed! I paid $4.15 for the prints and $20 to have them overnighted, and do you think they're here yet? NO! I ordered them last Wednesday! Photobucket & Qoop suck rotten eggs!