Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Aztec Dancers

To celebrate Native American Heritage Month, they had an Aztec dancing group perform in the movie theater on base. I’ve been waiting for it for weeks, so I was pleased to be able to take Wee Laddie to see it.

I was a little disappointed that a) there was only one dance demonstrated and b) the dancing portion was only about 20-30 minutes long… the rest was Q&A (but they didn’t tell us that, so we waited around a bit ‘cause there was a woman there in a dance shawl so I thought she might dance). Other than that it was great! And, frankly, I thought it was kind of cool that they even had something a little more esoteric than the kinds of dancing you might see on TV or whatever. This seemed even more culturally rich, in a way. Wee Laddie enjoyed it very much…up until the Q&A part, not surprisingly.

No comments: