Monday, November 5, 2007

Halloween on My Mind

German class was just me and Kim tonight and I was clueless. It’s a little easier to BS my way through with more people there but it’s also that, since there were only 2 of us there, we had to participate more.

We talked a little about Halloween here and how it’s growing in popularity. How sad that it’s still shrinking in the US. Trick-or-treating used to be such a blast! I loved trying to think of a really unusual/creative costume and then seeing people’s reactions to it. One of my funniest Halloween moments was the year that two of my best friends and I went as coneheads. We’d made our cones out of cardboard (this was before they had ones you could buy) and they had holes in the top. We were at one house, and my boyfriend at the time went up on the stairs to look into the hole to see if he could read my mind. Pretty funny.

I’ve started to work on getting organized for the packing. We don’t have to pack our stuff (in fact, even if we did pack it, they’d have to unpack & repack it… I think because of customs and to make sure we don’t bring anything illegal), but I’m trying to get it organized so we can find things later. It’s a big job.

No comments: