Thursday, December 21, 2006

Guitarman Goes Abroad

Guitarman arrived in Germany on Monday and has been very busy! He's already looked at one apartment (more to come later this week), checked in at work and been pulled over for speeding! No ticket, happily, but learned about some extra paperwork you need to drive in Germany. Interesting. Nothing like being pulled over your first full day in a foreign country, I'm sure.

As for his arrival, the person driving him drove about 100mph in the middle lane...apparently in a big hurry to drop him in the middle of nowhere. Tiny hotel, tiny town. No details yet about how far it is from work, but he's mentioned that the church bells are waking him at night.

Meanwhile, Wee Laddie and I are still in Colorado...in the biggest blizzard since '03.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Guitarman will remember that one, as he had to go to work despite warnings to not go in unless you're 'essential.'

Lucky him. Grandma and I shoveled 4 times today and there was another 4 inches or so last time I checked (about 2 hours ago). The end of the snow is expected around noon tomorrow and we may have 2 feet by then! This is definitely making it more of a challenge to complete all of the things I need to get done before Wee Laddie and I leave. (I look forward to the days when I can actually relax enough to get a good night's sleep again.)

I love this photo for its surreal look: Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I went out to get something from my car this evening... once I'd opened two doors on one side it looked like my car had made a snow angel. I wish I could have taken an aerial photo of it.

Last night was my last Girls' Night Out with my fellow playgroup moms. Bittersweet, for sure. They have been such a great resource for (most of) these last 2 years. Our weekly get-togethers have been such fun for both me and Wee Laddie (who calls it 'baygoop,' and knows all of the kids' and moms' names). Our friends will be sorely missed. I sure hope they know that!

No comments: